This Moment inspired by Amanda Blake Soule at soulemama.com
by Donna Tartt
This book is a work of art. Truly meant to be read and savored.
Even if you stand very still, it will find you.
Labyrinth in the fog.
Looking for direction.
Your grip is cold,
your breath is warm.
I will follow it home.
I want to be an open vessel for otherwise unthought thoughts;
a tranquil glass of tequila, ready to be injusted and enjoyed.
A single rain drop or snowflake or tear stain or puddle splash;
content to have had one moment in the sun.
I want to be the echo of swallow calls in a cave;
light refracted from window to wall;
diamonds reflected from stilled waters.
For more of Wolfgang’s beautiful images,
Five things that make me smile
1. Water lillies (because I don’t often see them and their beauty surprises me every time)
2. The movie Bottle Rocket (because I wish I had a yellow jumpsuit)
3. Irony (because in its truest form, it can be hugely entertaining)
4. Goldfinches (because they zip about in a chattering way and I wish I understood their language)
5. A passing Karmann Ghia (because someday I will learn to drive a stick)